A Joint Initiative of Somerset Public Health and MSAD # 54
Are you looking for an opportunity to walk in a dry, safe, well-lit place? The hallways of Skowhegan Area High School are available from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and are a good place to walk during the winter months.
• You must register with Skowhegan Area Adult Education and sign in and out every time you attend. A roster will be available at the adult education office.
• Please respect the facility by changing into a clean and appropriate pair of indoor walking shoes.
• Please stay in the areas designated for walking.
• Please walk, not run.
•Listen for school cancellation announcements – if day school is cancelled, there will be no walking.
• No walking on holidays or during school vacations.
• If you have a medical condition or have not seen a health care provider in the past year, we strongly recommend that you do so before increasing your physical activity.
• A person choosing to be involved in this walking program does so at his or her own risk.